Rural Solutions Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Rural Solutions Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 4th May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title or profession,
- Contact information including email address,
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests,
- Other information relevant to customer surveys.
The lawful basis for the collection and processing of your personal data is;
- Contract – you may have engaged Rural Solutions to provide a product or service on your behalf,
- Legitimate interest,
- Consent – for direct marketing purposes.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional communications about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting. This might be via email, direct mail or telephone.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- Rural Solutions Ltd intends to keep data collected for anything up to seven years in order to maintain contact with you. We justify this time period as we believe that in this time your circumstances may change in which you may require our services.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you want the information to be used for direct marketing purposes.
- You can also indicate your marketing preferences at the point you sign your acceptance form as a client, if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or using the ‘unsubscribe’ button on any promotional emails we send to you.
- You have the right to request the information we hold on you. If you would like to make a data access request, you can do this by writing to our head office or emailing email@example.com.
- You also have the right to be forgotten and request that we delete your data from all our systems.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Rural Solutions Ltd, Canalside House, Brewery Lane, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 1DR, U.K.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.