RURAL SOLUTIONS CLIENT SERVICE NOTICE DUE TO COVID-19: UPDATE
Following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and further to Government advice, we believe it’s critical to do our part to help reduce the transmission of COVID-19. Our priority at this time is to help safeguard the health and safety of our clients, contacts and team, whilst also ensuring that we can continue to provide you with the best possible service. Here, are some of the steps we are taking to protect everyone in this ever-evolving situation:
- Home Working – As a business, we remain operational. We have adapted our remote working policy and developed our remote working capabilities to the point where all teams are able to work remotely from home. Please be assured that we have the technology to enable us to continue our service to all of our clients uninterrupted whilst meeting our public health responsibilities.
- Meetings – During this period of lockdown it is not possible to hold face to face meetings or site visits (other than in exceptional circumstances). Our entire team are available by phone, email, and via video conferencing facilities. We will keep you up to date individually if this has any impact on your project.
We are equally committed to taking care of our colleagues:
- We are asking individuals to refrain from all non-essential travel.
- We are doing all that we can to ensure we are taking all the necessary steps to ensure the safety and well-being of our colleagues
- We are providing resources to help employees modify how they work, including flexible schedules for caregivers and remote work wherever possible.
- We have created forums to help everyone stay connected and keep up to date with information to help them stay healthy.
While the environment around us is uncertain, we take comfort in the fact that we have an outstanding team and a compassionate and loyal community of clients. There may be further adjustments needed as we all settle into what may be the new ‘normal’ over the coming weeks and months, but Rural Solutions will be operating ‘business as usual’ as much as is possible, keeping our service to our clients moving in an appropriately adapted way. We will continue to update our website and social media platforms with any updates to our working practices. Thank you and stay safe, the RSL Team.
INDUSTRY COMMENT: JOANNE HALTON, HEAD OF PLANNING, SUMMARISES OUR CONSULTATION RESPONSE TO THE GOVERNMENT’S PLANNING FOR THE FUTURE WHITE PAPER
Following dialogue with interested clients from a variety of rural sectors, including small house builders and rural land and business owners, we have submitted our consultation response to the Government’s White Paper, Planning for the Future. The consultation seeks to gather the views of communities, landowners, developers and planning practitioners on the current planning system and the structural changes proposed by this Paper.
PLANNING NEWS: MINISTRY OF HOUSING, COMMUNITIES AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT (MHCLG) ANNOUNCE A REVIEW OF THE RULES AROUND SELF-BUILD
We are pleased to hear news that the Government plan to review the rules around self-build in order to encourage this area of development.
We are delighted to be able to follow the construction of one of our most exciting Para 79 developments. This project has been a long time in the making. Rural Solutions, originally attained planning permission in 2016, however, the site was then sold in 2019 to a new owner who returned to Rural Solutions to make the design a reality, employing our architecture team to co-ordinate the detailed design of the development and project management.