RURAL SOLUTIONS CLIENT SERVICE NOTICE DUE TO COVID-19: UPDATE
Following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and further to Government advice, we believe it’s critical to do our part to help reduce the transmission of COVID-19. Our priority at this time is to help safeguard the health and safety of our clients, contacts and team, whilst also ensuring that we can continue to provide you with the best possible service. Here, are some of the steps we are taking to protect everyone in this ever-evolving situation:
- Home Working – As a business, we remain operational. We have adapted our remote working policy and developed our remote working capabilities to the point where all teams are able to work remotely from home. Please be assured that we have the technology to enable us to continue our service to all of our clients uninterrupted whilst meeting our public health responsibilities.
- Meetings – During this period of lockdown it is not possible to hold face to face meetings or site visits (other than in exceptional circumstances). Our entire team are available by phone, email, and via video conferencing facilities. We will keep you up to date individually if this has any impact on your project.
We are equally committed to taking care of our colleagues:
- We are asking individuals to refrain from all non-essential travel.
- We are doing all that we can to ensure we are taking all the necessary steps to ensure the safety and well-being of our colleagues
- We are providing resources to help employees modify how they work, including flexible schedules for caregivers and remote work wherever possible.
- We have created forums to help everyone stay connected and keep up to date with information to help them stay healthy.
While the environment around us is uncertain, we take comfort in the fact that we have an outstanding team and a compassionate and loyal community of clients. There may be further adjustments needed as we all settle into what may be the new ‘normal’ over the coming weeks and months, but Rural Solutions will be operating ‘business as usual’ as much as is possible, keeping our service to our clients moving in an appropriately adapted way. We will continue to update our website and social media platforms with any updates to our working practices. Thank you and stay safe, the RSL Team.
PLANNING NEWS: AN OPEN LETTER TO MINISTRY OF COMMUNITIES AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT DURING COVID-19 OUTBREAK
Rural Solutions proposes 10 point plan to Ministry of Communities and Local Government during COVID-19 outbreak offering guidance to improve services now and in the aftermath.
PLANNING NEWS: CONSENT ACHIEVED FOR THREE RESIDENTIAL DWELLINGS IN NIDDERDALE AONB VIA ‘PERMISSION IN PRINCIPLE’ PROCESS
Rural Solutions has secured planning consent for a small residential site in Nidderdale AONB.
The site is for the construction of three houses and is thought to be the first granted full consent by Harrogate Borough Council using the ‘permission in principle’ process, introduced by the Government for certain categories of development including small residential sites in 2018. The quicker process allows for land to be granted ‘permission in principle’ without going through the full planning application process, making it easier and a more attractive possibility to deliver small areas of land that can contribute to the housing land supply plan.
Aside from COVID 19, climate change is a top priority in Government and in the hearts and souls of many of us. Undoubtedly, we all need to start reducing our emissions to preserve the planet for future generations.