RURAL SOLUTIONS CLIENT SERVICE NOTICE DUE TO COVID-19: UPDATE
Following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and further to Government advice, we believe it’s critical to do our part to help reduce the transmission of COVID-19. Our priority at this time is to help safeguard the health and safety of our clients, contacts and team, whilst also ensuring that we can continue to provide you with the best possible service. Here, are some of the steps we are taking to protect everyone in this ever-evolving situation:
- Home Working – As a business, we remain operational. We have adapted our remote working policy and developed our remote working capabilities to the point where all teams are able to work remotely from home. Please be assured that we have the technology to enable us to continue our service to all of our clients uninterrupted whilst meeting our public health responsibilities.
- Meetings – During this period of lockdown it is not possible to hold face to face meetings or site visits (other than in exceptional circumstances). Our entire team are available by phone, email, and via video conferencing facilities. We will keep you up to date individually if this has any impact on your project.
We are equally committed to taking care of our colleagues:
- We are asking individuals to refrain from all non-essential travel.
- We are doing all that we can to ensure we are taking all the necessary steps to ensure the safety and well-being of our colleagues
- We are providing resources to help employees modify how they work, including flexible schedules for caregivers and remote work wherever possible.
- We have created forums to help everyone stay connected and keep up to date with information to help them stay healthy.
While the environment around us is uncertain, we take comfort in the fact that we have an outstanding team and a compassionate and loyal community of clients. There may be further adjustments needed as we all settle into what may be the new ‘normal’ over the coming weeks and months, but Rural Solutions will be operating ‘business as usual’ as much as is possible, keeping our service to our clients moving in an appropriately adapted way. We will continue to update our website and social media platforms with any updates to our working practices. Thank you and stay safe, the RSL Team.
We hope that many of you will have found and enjoyed some of the webinars from the Transforming the Future of Land Management series being run by the Land Management 2.0 team over the last few weeks. There are more to come and you can listen to and view all the presentations to date
In a letter to the Government’s Chief Planner Michael Bingham OBE Rural Solutions has today called for a Ministerial Statement to draw planning decision makers’ attention to the NPPFs requirement that significant weight should be placed on the need to support economic growth and productivity, taking into account the current and future business needs and wider opportunities for development and that decision makers should be pay special attention towards supporting economic growth at a time when this need is urgent and pressing.
Following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, Rural Solutions has so far, albeit with some changes to our abilities to hold site visits, maintained ‘business as usual’; through our team working from home and holding all communications through digital channels. For full details of this please refer to our earlier service level update that we issued in March at the beginning of lockdown.
Executive Director Rob Hindle presented to over 450 people on Thursday 30th April as part of the Transforming for the Future of Land Management webinar series.