We are proud to have given our clients an impressive track record across a wide range of rural planning consents – from commercial to residential, leisure, tourism and agricultural, Rural Solutions has the commercial and strategic understanding of the rural environment to achieve the very best planning permissions.
We have one of the largest specialist planning teams in the UK, including senior, ex-local authority planning officers and commercial planning specialists. Their combined experience and knowledge of rural issues and the sensitivities within these areas provides our clients with the essential support they need, on all aspects of the development process, to achieve their aspirations.
We aim to ‘de-risk’ complicated and time-consuming planning permission processes and frequently work closely with councils and other key stakeholders, including local communities affected, to successfully instil confidence in the challenging developments that our clients propose.
The team has won awards for its work and invests extensively in being at the forefront of sustainable and responsible rural development issues and challenges. We have developed specialist experience in many areas; examples include:
- Specialist Sustainability Appraisals to evidence sustainable development;
- Specialists in securing planning permission for ‘exceptional and innovative country houses’ (‘paragraph 79 houses’);
- Specialists in securing planning permission in sensitive rural areas for sustainable sites, such as green belt and areas of outstanding natural beauty (AONBs)
- Strategic land development and promotion;
- Master planning large scale development proposals and village scale redevelopment;
- Estate master planning; and
- Acting as expert witness at Planning Inquiry.